Bad Kreuznach – kreuznacher diakonie Foundation
The kreuznacher diakonie Foundation was founded in 1889 in Bad Sobernheim as the II. Rheinisches Diakonissen-Mutterhaus (2nd Rhenish Deaconess Mother House). In 1903, today's foundation moved to Bad Kreuznach. The current fields of diaconal work have already been established at the time of the founding.
Since 1989, the foundation has been working under the motto of "never stop beginning". An expression of this motto is to continuously face the ever changing tasks on the one hand and the political-economical circumstances on the other hand. People using the services of the foundation's divisions, should be able to rely on getting the assistance they want.
Looking back into the past, the foundation faces its responsibility: Between 1941 and 1944, 243 girls and women were taken away and murdered and 79 forced laborers worked at kreuznacher diakonie during the war. During the post-war years until well into the 1970s, children and young adults sometimes experienced violence as a means of education in the institutions for handicapped and youth welfare.