Weinstadt – Großheppacher Schwesternschaft
In 1856, Wilhelmine Canz and Amalie Rhode founded the educational institute for childcare workers and the Mother House in Großheppach. At times, more than 400 deaconesses worked in child care, kindergartens and children's homes in Württemberg. The Großheppacher Schwesternschaft (Sisterhood) with 622 sisters became a member of the Kaiserswerther Verband deutscher Diakonissen-Mutterhäuser e. V. in 1950.
In 1971, the Mother House moved into the new 'Haus der Diakonie' building in Beutelsbach. The training center there was developed into the Protestant Professional School for Social Education. Next to the Professional School is the Kinderhaus am Sonnenhang, a training kindergarten. On October 1, 1989, the foundation opened the Protestant Professional School for Geriatric Care. The foundation operates the Wilhelmine-Canz-Haus, a residential and care retirement home for 47 people, built in 1995 at the old location of the sisterhood in Großheppach.
The Theresienheim for employees and sisters in retirement can also be found at the same location. The Eckstein-Gemeinschaft, founded in 2011, is to carry on the idea of a religious-diaconal service community in a future-oriented way.